Friday, December 15, 2017

20 Questions Book Tag

I saw this on Nut Free Nerd and stole it... cause that's what I do!
  1. How many books are too many in a series? I've never thought about this before. I don't think I've ever read a series where I thought to myself "this is getting too long". If a series were getting too long I don't think it would be about the number of books but about the content in them. 
  2. How do you feel about cliffhangers? I'm normally fine with them as long as they aren't over the top dramatic and unnecessary. A well done cliffhanger keeps me turning the pages.
  3. Hardback or paperback? Growing up my parents motto was that hardback was always better because they held up longer. Now that I'm a book buyer I do tend to buy a majority of paperback books as evidenced by my bookshelves. They are cheaper. However, I know my hardbacks will last longer so when I can I do like to buy hardbacks. The feel of paperbacks does tend to be more comfortable though.... which is of course why they wear out sooner. There's a lot to be said either way. 
  4. Favorite book? Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. 
  5. Least favorite book? Gulliver's Travels... I can't stand it. 
  6. Love Triangles, yes or no? I haven't read a lot of books with love triangles and when I did they were never my favorite part. They just don't tend to add anything to the story and become distracting from the real plot.
  7. The most recent book you couldn't finish? I don't normally pick up books I'm not going to finish. When I start a book I normally plough through even if I'm hating it, which I know is a waste of my reading time normally but I'm stubborn. So at this time I can't think of anything. 
  8. A book you're currently reading? So many! The one I'm most proud of right now though is War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I'm inching through it day by day and actually enjoying it. It's going to be a long read though. 
  9. Last book you recommended to someone? I'm always so hesitant to recommend books. It's a pride thing probably... I'm afraid they won't like it and judge me for liking it.  Recently though I had a conversation with my cousin, who shares pretty similar reading tastes with me, and I recommended several books to her. I know the first one I recommended because she hadn't read it yet, even though last time I recommended books I told her to, was The Blue Castle by Lucy Maud Montgomery. So good!!!! Everyone should read it.
  10. The oldest book you've read? Besides the Bible, I think from looking it up The Oddyssey by Homer. I had to read that for high school. I get so confused by the stupid BC dates that are going down instead of up! 
  11. The newest book you've read? Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly, which was published in September of 2016. I don't read a ton of new books. 
  12. Favorite author? Jane Austen and J.R.R. Tolkien... that was authorS right? 
  13. Buying books or borrowing books? My shelves attest to the fact that I can't resist buying books. But I buy pretty much all of them used! Ideally I should get more from the library and then only buy them if I loved them but that's not what happens. 
  14. A book you dislike that everyone seems to love? Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. It's not universally loved but it definitely gets more love that I can comprehend. 
  15. Bookmark or dog-ears? Always a bookmark! I've used anything and everything to makeshift as a bookmark rather than have to dog-ear. 
  16. A book you can always re-read? Well obviously Pride and Prejudice and Lord of the Rings. I'm always getting more out of them overtime through. However, for a little variety.... I would say J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series... I never get tired of it. 
  17. Can you read while hearing music? As long as it's music without words I'm normally ok but otherwise it can be kind of distracting. 
  18. One POV or multiple POVs? I'm ok with either. As long as they're written well the number of POVs should make no difference. 
  19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? That depends on the book. At this point in my life I normally don't have the time to sit down and read a book in one sitting but if it's good enough I will make time. I miss the days when I was a kid and would curl up and read book after book. 
  20. One book you read because of the cover? I don't think I've read a book because of the cover. I do too much research on each book I read. 
I hope you enjoyed reading this tag! Feel free to steal it as I did and join in the fun.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. What a great tag! Stealing it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. Loved reading this! Jane Austen is one of my favorite authors as well. :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun. I've scheduled mine to post tomorrow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. War and Peace! It takes forever but it's definitely worth it. And I'm with you on recommending books...it's so hard to do! I basically only recommend to my closest friends

    ReplyDelete
  5. So proud of you for reading War and Peace! One day, I will too.

    I'm in your camp when it comes to Wuthering Heights. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just read Gulliver's Travels for my Classics Club list, and I enjoyed it for the most part. It got pretty bogged down during the last half, but it was a better read than I feared it would be. I agree with you on pretty much the rest of your answers, though! Jane Austen all the way!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...