Sunday, March 6, 2016

It's Monday! I'm Going to Be An Aunt!

Princess Charlottes Christening Gown and Crochet BonnetSo yeah, as you can tell from the title of this post.... I'M GOING TO BE AN AUNT!!!! Remember my brother who married my best friend eBeth last summer? She's pregnant!!! Obviously I'm super duper excited. :) I'm already crocheting a baby blanket (though I'll have to make two so I'll have a girl one and a boy one since they don't know yet). Also I'm planning to crochet a christening gown. There's lots of gorgeous patterns out there so I just have to find one I like that I also have the skill level to make as some of them are incredibly intricate. I'm kind of leaning towards this one pictured on the right (see the pattern HERE). It's supposed to be modeled after Princess Charlotte's christening gown. Decisions, decisions! Thankfully I've got a few months. :)

So on a much lesser though.... reading.

Currently Reading

  • The Martian by Andy Weir- I love this book but yeah it does have a language problem. :( 
  • All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr 
  • The Institutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin- I'm trying to decide if I want to switch to the abridged version. This thing is two volumes each the size of LOTR! I love it but it's a lot! 
  • The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens- I'm joining in Behold the Stars' read-along for this Dickens novel. 
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien (re-read) (audiobook)- My next audiobook now that I'm done with The Swiss Family Robinson. I've been craving some Tolkien! :) That first chapter is so great though! The nostalgia is beautiful. :) 

Finished this Past Week

  • The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss (audiobook) (re-read)- 

Coming Soon

  • The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
  • The Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton 
  • Farmer Boy by Laura Ingalls Wilder (re-read)

Posts From this Last Week

Classics Club Spin churned out the number eight so I'll be reading Madam Bovary. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

28 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!!! I know exactly what you are feeling!! I became an Aunt for the first time a year ago in February. She is the most adorable little girl and she is going to have a little brother in June. I am super excited.

    And speaking of Tolkien, I just finished The Silmarillion and it got me on a Tolkien kick so I am going to re-read The Hobbit too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How cool! I just love babies! :)
      That Tolkien kick is hard to shake I've found. And then once you've read all the books you want to watch all the movies which makes you just want to read all the books again.... it's a vicious cycle. ;)

      Delete
  2. Aw, yay!!! That's so exciting, congrats! I enjoyed The Martian but there was so much science. So. Much. Science. Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I like the science. A lot of it goes over my head but it's still fascinating.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your impending aunthood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting to be an aunt, such an exciting time. I am a great Aunt now and it just gets better! The Martaian - so good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on becoming an aunt! :)

    I agree with you on The Martian. It has a language problem. I couldn't get into the book because of that.

    My It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just work really hard to zone out the language... sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. :(

      Delete
  6. Wow, congrats on becoming an aunt!! I love being the COOL aunt...LOL, You're reading some terrific books, and good luck with your baby blanket!!
    http://thebestbasicblogger.blogspot.com/2016/03/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, welcome to the ranks of aunthood! I have two nephews (my brother's kids) and my sister is pregnant with her first. When's the little one due? Goodie, more Tolkien! I know that feeling when you read Tolkien for awhile and then go to different books--it's so weird! Well, have fun with your reread. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. End of October! I'm so excited for this re-read. I think listening to it will add even more to the experience too.

      Delete
  8. Congratulations. Enjoy being an aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations... that's great news!
    All your current reads sound good, too. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! I just became an aunt in January when my niece was born, and my nephew was born just last week! So far it has been really fun (like buying cute clothes and handing them back to their parents when they start to cry!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love buying cute clothes and yes handing them back to their parents is always a plus. ;)

      Delete
  11. Congratulations... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!

    Have fun making the blankets and christening gown.

    I hope you are having a good reading week this week.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My It's Monday, What Are You Reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations, Lois! :D
    That christening gown is amazing... Have fun crocheting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Being an aunt is fantastically fun :-D

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...