Monday, March 2, 2015

It's Monday! Another test and then Retreat!

So life as always is pretty crazy. I'm preparing for yet another nursing exam waiting and longing for May and graduation. So close! And still so far. Yeah I just quote Disney... it's been a rough week. ;) Thankfully, my church's women's retreat is at the end of this week! :)
I finished listening to Anne of the Island this week and then I zipped through reading Anne of Windy Poplars next. However, I'm upset because even though Barbara Caruso narrates an audiobook of it, the State library I've been getting these from doesn't have Anne of Windy Poplars! :( So that's why I had to read it. Don't get me wrong,  I love actually reading books and that's what I normally do but Barbara Caruso is an awesome narrator and I just find the Anne books even better (if that's possible) with her narration. Thankfully though she does Anne's House of Dreams and the library does have that one. After that though I'll have to read them. However, I found with reading Anne of Windy Poplars that audiobooks do really take a longer time as I got through Anne of Windy Polars in just three days whereas the audiobooks normally took me two weeks or more. So all that whining about not having audiobooks may be rather hypocritical. Especially as I'm turning over the idea of just reading Anne's House of Dreams instead of listening to the audiobook as planned as I really like getting through books quickly.
I know what you're thinking... I just had to read a whole paragraph of her whining and now she decided it's nothing to whine about? I'm a very indecisive person people! Anyways, I'm listening to Gulliver's Travels on audiobook this month and I don't want to have to be listening to two audiobooks at the same time but I don't want to put off re-reading the next Anne book because Anne and Gilbert get married in this next one!!!! So yeah.
So as always today I'm linking up with Book Journey to bring you my week of reading. :)

Finished this week

Currently Reading

  • The Valley of Vision

Coming Soon (Hopefully)

  • The Importance of Being Ernest by Oscar Wilde
  • Guilliver's Travels by Jonathan Swift (re-read) (audiobook)
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (re-read)
  • The Giver by Lois Lowry
  • Anne's House of Dreams by L.M. Montgomery (re-read) (audiobook?)

Book Reviews Posted this Week


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

12 comments:

  1. I loved of Mice and Men! Great choice! I hope to see you around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really prefer reading to listening. Listening takes so much longer and I have so many books on my stack to read. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm torn... I suppose it depends on the narrator and how eager I am to get the book finished.

      Delete
  3. I sympathise with the dilemma of audiobook and reading. Listening does take longer but you are also right when it is narrated well, nothing like it. I love how you are listening / reading all the Anne books. Wonderful series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good they can't be read just once! :)

      Delete
  4. Barbara Caruso! *cheers*

    I listened to so many audiobooks when I was a kid (though not the Anne books) and Barbara Caruso was the reader in many of them. She's a favorite in our household. I feel like we listened to a bunch of her E Nesbit recordings...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm interested to listen to more books narrated by her. She is by far the best narrator I've heard.

      Delete
  5. You are reading so many great books. I read The Giver for the first time last year and loved it. I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was planning on reading it next year in preparation for the movie but never got around to it. This year it's happening!

      Delete
  6. I've read the Anne books many times, but I've never listened to them on audio. I'll have to make sure I get the Barbara Caruso versions if I do. All of your "coming soon" books look great. Hopefully you have a chance to enjoy them all without this silly school thing getting too much in the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...