Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Top Ten New to Me Authors I read in 2014

In no particular comes my list that I'll have you know was quite hard to write. Even harder to write, I'm sure will be the Top Ten Tuesday when they ask for the best books of 2014. It's coming... I know it is. I read a LOT of good books this year I'm happy to say and I'm so excited for next year and even MORE reading! Links will take you to a review of the book if I wrote one.
  1. Frank Herbert (Dune)
  2. Orson Scott Card (Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow)
  3. John Piper (Don't Waste Your Life)
  4. Oscar Wilde (The Picture of Dorian Grey)
  5. William Goldman (The Princess Bride)
  6. William Golding (The Lord of the Flies)
  7. Iris Chang (The Rape of Nanking)
  8. Pierre Boulle (The Bridge on the River Kwai)
  9. J. Gresham Machem (Christianity and Liberalism
  10. Kathryn Stockett (The Help
Linking up with Broke and Bookish

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

10 comments:

  1. Great list! I loved the Help, very good book. I still haven't read The Princess Bride despite the fact that I love the movie. I need to change that soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is great but since I'm so used to the movie I lean towards liking it better. They're both good though... just slightly different. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy to hear you had a good year in reading! Yay for Frank Herbert and Oscar Wilde :) Great list!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett!! Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-new-to-me.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a great book and the movie is pretty good too. :)

      Delete
  4. I've read 1 1/2 of the books on your list! I loved THE HELP. ENDER'S GAME is the half -- I've tried to read it several times and just can't get through it. I know lots of people love it, but I'm just not one of them :( I've found that Card is kind of hit and miss for me.

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually enjoyed Ender's Shadow more but those are the only two I've read of Card's but I'm hoping to branch out someday.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed Ender's Game much to my surprise since I'm not a big sci-fi reader. I'm planning on reading Oscar Wilde and The Princess Bride soon - hopefully next year and am really looking forward to them. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ender's Game was one of my first sci-fi books and I was surprised that I enjoyed it still anyways. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...