Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Classics Club- December Meme Question

The classics club meme question for December is favorite classics as a child. Now this is a topic near and dear to me. I love children's classics and I read tons of them growing up and still sneak back to them every once and awhile.
Here are some of my favorites:

  • Little Women and others by Louise May Alcott
  • Anne of Green Gables and others by Lucy Maud Montgomery
  • Little House in the Big Woods and others by Laura Ingalls Wilder
  • The Saturdays and others by Elizabeth Enright
  • Carry on Mr. Bowditch by Jean Lee Latham
  • Freddy Goes to Florida and others by Walter Brooks
  • Swallows and Amazons and others by Arthur Ransom
  • In the Reign of Terror and others by G.A. Henry
  • The Pushcart War by Jean Merrill
  • The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • Little Maid of Old Connecticut by Alice Curtis
  • The Book of Three and others by Lloyd Alexander
Funnily enough these are all on my re-reading list for next year that I made for my Hard Core Re-reading Challenge. I love re-reading my old favorites. :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. A couple of classics I read as a child are Are you there God, it's me Margaret and Where the Sidewalk Ends. Not sure if they are considered classics per se, but those were my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of a couple of those! I'll have to check them out. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...