Thursday, December 11, 2014

Back to the Classics Challenge 2014 Wrap up Post

So I obviously don't pay attention enough or I would have realized I needed to write a wrap up post for my Back to the Classics Challenge that I finished a couple months ago. :( No worries, cause here it is now! :)
I only completed the six required categories this year. It was tons of fun to branch out into books I might not have read if they hadn't fit into those categories. As you all know, I love the classics so this was definitely my favorite challenge this year. :)
So here's what I read.
  1. 20th Century Classic: The Lord of the Flies by William Golding
  2. 19th Century Classic: The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  3. Classic by a Woman Author: North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell 
  4. Classic in Translation: Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
  5. Classic about War: Bridge on the River Kwai by Pierre Boulle
  6. Classic by an Author who is new to you:  War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells
I enjoyed all of the books but I especially enjoyed Bridge on the River Kwai, The Lord of the Flies, The Picture of Dorian Gray and North and South. Overall it was a great year for reading and this challenge made it even better! :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. Great job on the challenge. I love Lord of the Flies and need to reread that one soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I'm eyeing to read "The Lord of the Flies" next, queue in my classic list. I heard it's a very good book. No wonder you put it at 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...