Sunday, December 28, 2014

2014 Book Kaleidoscope: Day 3

Today the theme for the Book Kaleidoscope is my five favorite book covers of the year. These again won't be in any particular order except the first one is probably my favorite. :)

1) The Children of Húrin by J.R.R. Tolkien- This cover just conveys such epicness! The soldier looking off into the distance with the battle behind him and the mist is so perfect! :)


2) The Book of Lost Tales by J.R.R. Tolkien- I love the simple setting of telling a story that this cover evokes.

3) Our Mutual Friend by Charles Dickens- The cover is simple but I love how it captures the theme of the story... money. 

4) Marry Poppins by P.L. Travers- A Re-read for this year but I still love the cover. :)

5) The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling- Another re-read for this year. I have always loved these covers for this series and was kind of oblivious until searching images for this post that there were other covers out there. :)



Follow my blog with Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love The Children of Hurin's cover; it made me want to read the book (I have just heard about this from this post!).
    For Victorian lit, Our Mutual Friend's cover is not very 'Victorian', but maybe it emphazised its topic rather than theme. I haven't read this one, did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Our Mutual Friend! Another great Dickens. :)

      Delete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...