Thursday, December 25, 2014

2014 Book Kaleidoscope- Day 1

Fanda from Fanda Classiclit is hosting the 2014 Book Kaleidoscope. This is a way of summing up the year of reading. :)
There are five days with different prompts for each. For this first day the prompt is Top Five boyfriends/girlfriends.
Well first off... awkward! Secondly... hmmm. I really don't have crushes from literature and I suppose I'm more an Elinor Dashwood in that I would say I "esteem them" and all of the Marianne Dashwoods throw their hands up in despair at such tame and unromantic language but there you are. :) So here are the men I "esteem" in no particular order.
Mr. Harding from Anthony Trollope's The Warden

  1. Arthur Clennam from Charles Dickens Little Dorrit- Always taking an active interest in other people. :)
  2. Mr. Harding from Anthony Trollope's The Warden- This man is so kind hearted and so considerate of others it really wrenches the heart sometimes. 
  3. John Harmon and Mr. Boffin from Charles Dickens Our Mutual Friend- You'd have to read the book to really get how great of characters they are. I can't really explain it without spoilers. :(
  4. John Thornton from Elizabeth Gakell's North and South- Proud but disciplined, he's a man of integrity and with a soft heart you don't expect. 
  5. All of the men from Jeff Shaara's God's and Generals- There's so many and I don't recall all of their names but I highly respected them all. I guess specifically Jackson and Lee. :)


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. I'm a Marianne Dashwood, but I don't consider the men in books my boyfriends either. :) I assume you've read The Killer Angels since you have read Jeff Shaara? Especially Lee for me too, but in The Killer Angels, also Chamberlain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have read Killer Angels! It's one of my favorite books and I agree Chamberlain is amazing! He was my favorite when I read Killer Angels but for some reason I wasn't as crazy about him in Gods and Generals. :)

      Delete
  2. I only know Arthur Clennam, and only remember him as a kind and shy guy who was under his mother's domination. I think he's what we call a quiet hero, not as extravagant as Great Expectations' Pip, but he had his own good qualities. Good choice, Lois! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was definitely a quiet but kind hero. I wouldn't say he was under his mother's domination as though she was a controlling woman he did not allow himself to be controlled by her. He basically kept up what friendly relations he could but refused to involved himself in her questionable work.

      Delete
  3. All social media hacking, Whatsapp hacking, Facebook, bad credit fixing, credit card loading, clear criminal records, Bitcoin top up, should you suspect any. Simply contact: Email: ablerecoveryservices@gmail.com Or Telegram: +39 3510 540456. Recovering from a hacking incident can be a stressful and time consuming process, but Remember to practice good cybersecurity hygiene, such as using strong passwords and enabling two-factor authentication, to prevent future attacks. For your crypto loss and others get professional help from this source, cybersecurity expert and a computer repair technician expert. Be rest assured to claim your loss.

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...