Friday, August 8, 2014

Piggy Peeps Post #5- The Last One!

Today was my last day of work at the pig farm! I have one week off and then I'll be starting back up at school for my last year of nursing school. Towards the end I was actually really coming to enjoy the work. I finally decided that pigs can be cute sometimes. I loved the little Dalmatian piglets. :)
My last day I mentioned to my cousin that I wanted to ask and see if I could get one of the baby piglets to take home. I loved cuddling the little newborn piglets so I wanted one of those. However, as my cousin reminded it was unlikely they would let me take home a piglet. We went and took our break a little earlier and while we were sitting in the break room in walked one of the employees just randomly holding a pig. Turns out that it had climbed out of the truck when we were weaning and had been running outside ever since. However, because it had been outside and could have been contaminated we had to kill it. A quick phone call to the boss and the piglet was mine! It was incredibly providential how it came about and I'm still shocked that I'm currently the owner of a piglet! My plan is to raise it until it is old enough to butcher and then send it to a meat locker. It's name is Wilbur Laszlo Psmith (the P is silent as in psychology). Wilbur because of Charlotte's Web, Laszlo from Doctor Who, and Psmith from Leave it to Psmith.
We'll see how it goes. :)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...