Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Report Card- December 2013

The end of a month and the end of a year. My resolution results? Not so good. Fun levels this month… sky high!

Read or Re-Read at least 10 books

So apparently I only really needed nine books to complete my year goal of fifty books so I'm not sure why I made a ten book goal. So forgive me that I only read nine books, that was hard enough. My reading was very lazy this month. It took me most of the month to read Vanity Fair as I just didn't find it riveting enough. I really should have started another book while I was reading it but I didn't. So with just a few days left in the month, I picked up my old favorites The Homeschool Detective series and whipped through those quite skinny books. Going back and rereading them now, I realize they aren't so amazing as I used to think they were. However, they are still fun books. 

Read Proverbs

Completed! I had a crazy time completing it. The ESV bible app that I always read on kept crashing all of the time so I couldn't read it for awhile and I was too lazy to actually open my real bible so I had to wait until the app was updated before I kept reading so I kind of crammed it at the end. However, it was a really good read and I'm glad I finished it. 

Memorize Psalm 31

I kind of forgot about that. However, it is going into my future resolutions! 

Pray Daily

I was really good about praying every evening at bedtime at the beginning of the month and then I tapered off towards the end. 

Two Blog posts per week

Except for one week which I think was in the middle of studying for finals I did it! I wrote about a wide  variety of topics and you should definitely check those posts out. They were fun to write. 

Looking back over my year of resolutions and report cards I am sort of disgusted with myself. I know I work ten times harder on my school then I do on these resolutions and some of them (praying, reading my bible, memorizing scripture) are far more important than my school. I need to take these resolutions more seriously. I have a very disorganized life, which is mostly my own disorganized doing, and these resolutions have helped me keep some more sanity in it however I still haven't done nearly as well as I could. Hopefully this next year will see some improvements. Tomorrow I'll post next month's resolutions as well as first ever New Year's Resolutions! Thank you blog readers for keeping with me this year and I look forward to the next! 

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...