Friday, May 25, 2012

Hardy Boys vs. Nancy Drew

I have to admit I have read ten times more Hardy boys books than Nancy Drew books but I have also heard other females agree with me when I say that even though I am a girl, I like the Hardy Boy books better.  It just always seemed to me that the Nancy Drew books just didn't have "it".   What that "it" is I really couldn't say however I always found the Hardy Boy books to have that "it".  Somehow the Nancy Drew books never worked for me and maybe it seriously was because she was a girl.  I know that sounds weird but let me try to explain what I mean.  Perhaps it worked better for me to see two boys (the Hardy Boys) getting in and out of scrapes because that is what boys do.  It is their natural habitat.  If you have brothers you know what I mean.  Girls though, while they do have that tomboy phase when they are younger (at least sometimes), aren't doing that when they are 18 years old (she is 18 right?).  That could just be me but it makes sense to me at least. :)  What are your thoughts?  Do you like Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew better and why?

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

2 comments:

  1. I like Hardy Boys better, for some reason Nancy Drew just isn't as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara suggested to me that maybe we tend to like Hard Boys better because it is kind of a family adventure since they are brothers. Of course Nancy Drew does have help from her father sometimes but I kind of get what she means. :)

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...