Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Looney Tunes... In Spanish!!!

I am sure many of you have seen at leat one loony tunes, if not more.  They were goofy, ridiculous, but somehow still hilarious.  Even now, I can still watch them and laugh, still wondering why I do, but knowing deep down that it is because it appeals to my memories as a child and the fun I had watching them then.

For my Conversational Spanish class my classmates and I are taking turns bringing a video in Spanish in front of the class and then writing out questions in Spanish to ask the class about the video.  In preperation for this I have been desperately trying to find something that appeals to my style as my turn approaches. Then yesterday my mother gave the idea of a Looney Tunes in Spanish.  After just a little searching I found that there were quite a few of those on the internet.  I have now managed to waste the last thirty minutes watching Looney Tunes in Spanish, frantically trying to keep up with the rapid firing of Bugs Bunny's and Daffy Duck's Spanish and at the same time trying to get the humor.  It is a lot harder in Spanish but it helps that I have seen most of the ones I have been watching in Spanish in English.

I don't know yet if I'll be able to use the videos for my class because they are all a little over seven minutes in length, which might be too long.  However, I am glad I took the time to sit down and watch them.  It is a whole new experience laughing at something funny in Spanish but a great one.  Even if I don't use them for my class, I think I will go back to them again in the future not only to test my Spanish but also to enjoy the fun memories of my childhood in a different language.  I'll definitely be kept on my toes! :)

Lois Johnson, avid writer, tea drinker, and reader but first and foremost, avid Christian.

1 comment:

  1. I watched some Bugs Bunny with Christopher on Friday night. In English though- Spanish is a bit too tough for us!

    ReplyDelete

I allow anyone to comment but be aware that I reserve the right to delete your comment if I find it inappropriate. Please do not make me have to exercise that right. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...